Then and Now

10 years ago today
I got up early after a good night of sleep and sequestered myself away for some quiet time with the LORD to start off my day.
I don't remember what I ate for breakfast, but I'm sure I ate just fine.
I was excited for what the day held!

I got dressed with care, surrounded by family and friends (all female of course!). And enjoyed a quick lunch in the church kitchen before the ceremony was to start.  The day wasn't without a few snafu's, but overall, it was joy-filled and wonderful! The start of a new journey.

Fast forward 10 years:
Today I woke up to my alarm at 6:30, exhausted after having been up multiple times during the night with a sick, puking child.  Due to the demands of various children, I didn't eat breakfast until 10:15. And even that was interrupted by various requests.  No quiet time...that will hopefully happen at some point after all children are in bed for the night, but before my eyelids succumb to the heaviness of sleep.  I dressed at some point, much later than preferred, with my youngest 2 associates at my feet.  One, tired from a restless night and tummy ache.  The other doing her best to get out everything from every nook and cranny in the bathroom! Yes, the hair is in a pony tail today!

Gracie girl dumped a full cup of water someone left out and drenched a bunch of Honeygirl's latest projects.  I know I will be dealing with the aftermath of that when the school bus returns this afternoon.  I think the laundry count is up to 6 loads now, due to last night.  The nice dinner I had planned is being replaced with left-overs. Sometimes you just have to survive.

But when I reflect on the day, full of tears, melt-downs, and snotty noses, I still love the journey.  It is joy-filled because I have been blessed with 3 beautiful children.  Because I get to do everyday life with my best friend.  And because God is still in charge.  The day may not look perfect (or even remotely close!), but life is still good.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts