Peace and snuggles

Isaiah 66:12-13

For this is what the LORD says, "I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carrier on her arm and dandled on her knee. 
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem. 

This was part of my devotions last night and it totally struck a chord for me. Isaiah doesn't do that incredibly often, but the verses about motherhood really hit me last night. See, Gracie girl has been super clingy lately. She's needed lots of comforting and reassurance. We have been on a trip and away from home. Lots of things are different. But mama is the same. Even at 18 months old, she needs that reassurance that something hasn't changed. So she has wanted to be held. A lot. And she has wanted extra milky snuggles. To know that all will be okay. And once she gets those things, life IS okay. She gains the ability to go off and play again. 

God does the same for us. He promises to extend peace like a river for us. And compares it to nursing and being held by your mama. Right now in my life, that makes total sense to me. How incredibly comforting! Gracie girl snuggles in, latches on, and her body relaxes. She looks up at me, then closes her eyes. She is at peace. And totally trusts that I have her. 

Wow. What a great God we have. 




Comments

  1. Just read this ... a great illustration of God's love for His children! We can be comforted by His love even when things in life change!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts