Intentional Summer

Summer has officially started at our house.  Last week brought the last day of preschool, as well as the end of year potluck.  Our MOMS group is on summer break.  And the summer reading program at the library has started up.  So whether the calendar says it's summer or not, it has arrived at our house.  On Sunday I got to thinking about summer and it occurred to me that it would be very easy for me to just "survive" each day.  It would make me sad if at the end, I looked back and realized we didn't do anything fun because I was too busy just trying to maintain.  Keeping the house picked up, laundry piles to a minimum, and food on the table seems to be all consuming.  But I don't want it to be that way.  I don't want to merely survive.  I want to thrive.  And have memories of our last summer before Honeygirl starts kindergarden.  I want to be intentional.

So that's my goal this summer.  Be intentional.  And have fun in the midst of the daily mundane.  Some days will hopefully be fun-filled.  I know I won't be working on Mondays or Fridays, so maybe we will go to the zoo, or science museum on some of those days.  And other days will have a little fun sprinkled in amongst all the other things that must happen.  Baking.  Painting.  You know.  But at the end of the summer, I will look back and know that I did my best to make memories with my girlies.

I will be intentional.

Comments

Popular Posts